Saturday, November 19, 2011

The meaning of life? Is it just a reproduction conveyor belt?

Biologically, reproduction is the meaning of life, but that isn't an intellectually satisfying answer. Is it to be happy, help others, build great buildings, write great books? What?|||I could never top this excellent answer that I received for a similar question (from YahooGuru4u), so I quote it here verbatim. Of course, I ruled out the answer "42."





"Darn you. You sucked me in with your question, then I get here and I see 42 is already taken. Now we really have to go on a trip and I'm without a towel. Well ok, let me see what I can come up with, shooting from the hip as it were.





My best guess is that the meaning of life, the universe and everything is "MORE". The quest for more seems to be at the center of all living creatures. All organizations be they organic or manmade seem to be trying to get "more". The universe itself is expanding, so I am told. As for "everything" anything that should happen to get created instantly becomes part of everything, so even everything seems to crave more. Yes I think I'll stick with the answer "MORE". What? Wait, just a minute, my wife is yelling something from the kitchen......





(long pause).....Hello I'm back again. My wife says the answer is "LESS" She says life is always moving toward death which by it's very nature is less life. The universe is made up of a limited quantity of everything and it is being used up also, so you have less now than in the past, and as for "everything" Well since everything gets used, you must have less of everything now than there was in the beginning.





So my wife and I will agree to disagree and say that the answer is: More or Less, or possibly More and Less. I guess that's pretty much the same as 42 because 4 is more and 2 is less. I'm getting a pain just behind my left eye from all of this thinking.





What!? Just a minute, my wife is yelling again!........ I'm back. She said I'd better get off this Yahoo Answers thing and come to the table if I want any dinner. I told her that I'll never have to come back to Yahoo Answers again because I just pretty much summed up life, the universe and everything. I'd better hurry if I want more to eat and less yelling. So long and thanks for all the fishes."





Happy Answering,


~Tia~


Live from the big, purple brain


http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/askt鈥?/a>


ASK YOUR QUESTIONS, CALL THE BRAIN - 212-382-3592|||You've stumbled upon the answer in your question.





The answer is it means whatever you want it to mean. The meaning for each person's life is different.





Watch City Slickers, Curly will tell you. :-)|||Well ********, the meaning of life is easy!


Don't ask yourself stupid f**king questions! I mean seriously who gives a **** about the meaning of life!|||Rope. Quantitative ovarian occular oribtal oppotunity. Qualitative tragedy extraordinary inexcapeable lore.|||To achieve ur aim n complete ur purpose n that purpose is the meanin of life which u need to know urself noone can define ur meanin of life|||Biologically, reproduction is Nature's means of maintaining life on Earth. Why not build a creature that lasts forever? Unworkable solution I guess. Why did humans evolve to the point that we're now asking such profound questions? Most animals (including some humans I know) are content to simply eat, sleep, drink, play, have sex, lay waste, and get patted in head once in a while! Why do some humans actually seek further knowledge, and work to give something back? Spare time? Maybe the answer is not so much the destination as it is the journey. Frankly, If God gave people the answer to that question, most people wouldn't get it. So good luck in finding the answers and sorry for adding to your question instead!|||# a characteristic state or mode of living; "social life"; "city life"; "real life"


# the course of existence of an individual; the actions and events that occur in living; "he hoped for a new life in Australia"; "he wanted to live his own life without interference from others"


# the experience of being alive; the course of human events and activities; "he could no longer cope with the complexities of life"


# animation: the condition of living or the state of being alive; "while there's life there's hope"; "life depends on many chemical and physical processes"


# the period during which something is functional (as between birth and death); "the battery had a short life"; "he lived a long and happy life"


# the period between birth and the present time; "I have known him all his life"


# liveliness: animation and energy in action or expression; "it was a heavy play and the actors tried in vain to give life to it"


# biography: an account of the series of events making up a person's life


# the period from the present until death; "he appointed himself emperor for life"


# a living person; "his heroism saved a life"


# living things collectively; "the oceans are teeming with life"


# a motive for living; "pottery was his life"


# the organic phenomenon that distinguishes living organisms from nonliving ones; "there is no life on the moon"


# life sentence: a prison term lasting as long as the prisoner lives; "he got life for killing the guard"

No comments:

Post a Comment