Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Are you an atheist living in the bible belt?

I have often thought of moving from Tampa to a milder zone when I retire. Maybe a smaller town with hills and a cooler climate like Alabama, Georgia or the Carolinas. But being an atheist I don't know if I would be comfortable in the bible belt. Do you have people spouting religion at you all the time? and is there really no night life at all? Just how bad is it?|||horrible...I'm living in Kentucky temporarily and there's NO nightlife except for the Wal-mart parking lot, there's more churches and fundies to fill them than there are trees, and absolutely crap for jobs unless you want to work for $7 an hour in some crappy retail job.....I can't wait to get back to Sarasota at the end of the month......|||I believe in God and I hate the Bible belt. If you look at the map the Bible belt and historical slavery strong holds overlap. Can't wait to get back to Boston. go to www.wikipedia.com see bible belt

Report Abuse


|||It's enough to turn anyone into an athiest but i do belive in God (not religion).

Report Abuse


|||The people down here are psychotic, overzealous, hot tempered, paranoid, and extremistly religious. The Bible belt has some of the meanest, nastiest people I have ever encountered. It's very contrary to what the bible stands for although they are extremely polite, yet mean as Lucifer himself.

Report Abuse


|||Yes. Dang. In the northern bible belt. East central Illinois. I hate life!|||I live in the UK, London and it is not actually so bad here. But I can understand how you must feel.|||No, but...... I was raised in, and presently mostly acquainted with, people from a very relgious minded culture (Latin American). Arguments are common.


Ideologically, it can be pretty lonely experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment