Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ive been through alot in life at age 20. Wanna write a book about my life. Where shall I begin? Any ideas?

Im 20 - been through alot. Through thick and thin. Got many life lessons under my belt. I am a writer. I love writing and for me to move on, I write my past memories. It helps me heal. However, this time its different. I wanna write from scratch. This is special for me. How shall I write a novel from scratch? Where shall I begin.?Any ideas?|||You dont sound like a writer...a novel is a work of fiction.





If you think you've been through so much then write a comical self-help book.





Not everyone's life is as interesting as they think they are.|||Just start from any point in your life, man. You can start from a point in time when something tragic or something totally amazing happened in your life. Also another good point in terms of time-line is the first memory you had as a kid. I think giving the readers a picture of who you are and the people who were around you is also a good strategy





P.s: Dude, you seem to be unsure about writing this memoir, I sense it in your question. I think you should just relax and let everything flow. I personally prefer if you came up with the ideas, so that the words are truly your words|||I don't want to read a book written by an idiotic 20 year old who thinks he has something important to say because he has had some 'life lessons'. You are 20 years old, you know nothing about the real world, you are still a kid in most peoples attention. What you think of as being insightful anecdotes and thoughtful memories are just boring dross. Wind yer neck in, ye cant.





[EDIT] LOL @ Davey, that's the gayest thing I've ever read. He's not writing an episode of the Wonder Years.|||You begin with a plot or a story idea. Your life is too short to make much of a book, no matter how many "life lessons" you have had. By the way, a novel is a work of fiction, so it wouldn't be about your life anyway. Those books are called memoirs .|||Nope, sounds stupid.








everyone thinks their life is interesting, when in reality it's probably not to other people but yourself.|||Start with the day you fell in love. And then say something poetic, like... "I'd been alive for fifteen years, four months and 23 days. But that day was the first day I started to live."|||Beautiful. Thank God for your talent :)


Just write as you wish. No fast rules on how to write a book about your life ...


It's your life ! And it's YOU that decides how you want it to be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment