Friday, December 9, 2011

Does BMW have a life time warranty for seat belts?

The latch mechanism in the driver seat belt receptacle in my 2001 330i (BMW) is not working. I checked to see if anything was jammed in it and there wasn't. The button doesn't spring up at all. Someone said that seat belts have life time warranties? Is that true for BMW? The only thing I could find in my warranty manual about it was for Kansas and I'm in California. If BMW doesn't have life time coverage, where could I find an inexpensive replacement seat belt receptacle? If I have to pay for one, I'd rather not go to the BMW dealership...they're way too expensive.





Thanks.|||Call the service dept. at a BMW dealer and ask if your problem would be covered.





I know that Honda does have lifetime warranty on seatbelts, so BMW should have it too.|||"Silverst" is absolutely right.


But I would just like to add my personal opinion...


When it comes to safety considerations or problems, I would recommend buying new and genuine parts. You may be just like most who likes to drive a BMW but can not really afford one, but to sacrifice your safety and/or your passenger's safety for a few bucks is not


right.|||No, no one has a life time warranty for seat belts. If you are concerned about prices, can try Ebay, or a salvage yard that might have your type of vehicle, or a vehicle that has a similar belt setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment