Friday, December 9, 2011

My husband is harrassing and stalking me. He is a black belt in karate and I am now fearful for my life.?

We are right at the end of our separation and should be divorced around the 21st of this month. He has left me alone up until now. I had to take out a restraining order against him for sending me packages at work. These packages had MY home address on them as the sender's address, and my work address as the recipient. He is refusing to leave me alone. I'm wondering what else I can do to keep him away from me. Why is it that some men just can't leave things alone? He was having sex with his ex only three months after we were married. So I told him to leave. He is Mormon and has sent me these long LECTURES on my role and that I need to contact my attorney to call off the divorce. ??? I'm really fearful.|||Get a gun or some pepper spray. I also suggest you get a restraining order against him immediately!|||Keep track of everything he does.Dates, times, what it is he is doing, keep the things he is sending you but don't open them put them in a box and then take them to your attorney. This can be used against him. If he calls and leaves messages...save them, if he sends you texts...save them. Make it well known to your attorney what he is doing and he could probably get something else put on him as well as the restraining order.|||Restraining order, definitely. Get the RO first, then keep on for divorce. I wouldn't worry about his karate. ("Karate can't compete with women's nails," a friend of mine once said)





Mormons are very messed up, especially when it comes to marriage. Add that on top of your every day human imperfection, and it becomes a catastrophe.





Best of luck to you. Hope for the best and plan for the worst. And remember - don't take any of his BS.|||Even black belts can't stop bullets. Buy a gun, take it to a firing range, and get lessons in safety and marksmanship.





Also, have an alarm system installed in your residence, and don't give the code to anyone.





This is not a joke answer - stalkers are dangerous!|||Buy pepper spray, seriously. Don't let him inside alone with you. Always let people know where you are, so they can check up on you. Avoid being alone if you think he might be around. Call the cops anytime he violates the restraining order.|||Contact the police. Then tell him that any and ALL contact must be done through a lawyer, that ANY contact directly from him will be considered harrassment and you will turn it over to the police.





Document every single incident. Trust me, you need to.|||Every time he contacts you call the police because he is breaking the terms of his restraining order. Then he will be in jail where he can not get to you.|||Black belt/schmack belt! Restraining orders will not work.


catch him on videos... have friends follow you with cameras and film him stalking you, then go to the cops and plaster it all over You Tube!|||Get a restraining order on him.|||Smith %26amp; Wesson baby!





(It beats a round house kick everytime!)|||Take the help of police.|||Talk to someone in Law Enforcement they can help!|||Buy a gun or pepper spray.








good luck.|||Call the police. This monogamous lout apparently thinks he can get his way. He's scaring you, throwing guilt trips at you. Call the police. Then rally your friends and family - make sure someone from work can walk you to your car. Have friends meet you at your house at the end of the day, or stay with someone else for a while until the divorce is final. Cowards like this are a lot less likely to harass you if you aren't alone. So see if you can stay with a friend, and try not to be anyplace where he can catch you alone.





Also, document EVERYTHING HE DOES. This is crucial if you need the police involved. Save all emails, packages, voicemails, etc. If you need to take him to court for harassment, you'll need everything documented.|||since you already have a restraining order get some pepper spray or if you can a stun gun. i am not one for guns period. but you can get an pellet gun that looks just like a real one and will hurt like hell if you shoot it at him. you can go to walmart in the hunting section and pick up a can of pepper stray today if you want. i do suggest if you want pepper spray that you go to a gun and knife store to get it there and have the people teach you how to use it and which one is best for you.|||You are right. Some men can't just leave things alone. You are not the only woman going through this.





My husband harrassed me for a long time. I was homeless because of it and had 2 kids tagging along with me.





Seems like you will need some kind of help. You need to decide exactly what it is you want to do and stick with it. Do you have any family you can stay with?





I had an only true friend and Had to stay with him for a long while. I also had to put a man's voice on my phone voicemail to get him off track. And had my friend's family to answer the phone when he did find out how to reach me by phone.





I can't tell you that it will be easy journey after a separation or divorce, as you probably already know. Most people argue and fuss at the end. And when one wants to leave quietly, usually the other one will not. You definitely will need some help to get through this.|||Reading over the answers that people gave to this question, I have a word of advice.... Read each answer, take notes, almost all of the answers list something that you should be doing. Saving what he sends, saving texts, reporting your whereabouts to friends and family, recording times and dates, going to the police, carrying pepper spray, getting an alarm system, etc. Just be very careful. Don't try to be a hero, don't try to be a detective following him or anything. And be careful with a gun. These things can turn on you. You can end up hurt.


As far as the restraining order...he has already violated it. But make sure that you can prove it. Then go to the police and/or you attorney.


I went through this exact type thing. In the end he was convicted of stalking.


Good luck and above all else.....BE SAFE.|||1 Call the cops


2 Enforce the restraining order


3 GET A GUN, LEARN TO USE IT, AND KEEP IT LOADED! Yes I'm shouting. He's a black belt, which means that he could hurt or kill you altogether too easily. I know, I'm one, too.


My wife's sister didn't do number three. Her estranged husband showed up, stabbed her in the chest, and just missed her heart. She came close enough to dying that she was listening to angels singing.


You have a child and your parents to worry about. You have the right to protect yourself.


As for the people that don't believe in guns, I assure you they are very real.

No comments:

Post a Comment