Friday, December 2, 2011

Will the engine work that has been done to my car extend its life?

I bought a 2001 Accord about a year ago and shortly after I bought it the timing belt broke. When I got it back from the dealer they said they had to do about 1500 dollars worth of engine work to fix it (although I didn't have to pay for it heh), I was wondering if this work could have extended the life of my engine? I remember them telling me that the pistons slapped the valves or something.|||WOW usually if the piston hits a valve the valve will break, so yeah sounds like they did alittle more than replace the timing belt.|||sure sounds like they had to rebuild the topend of your motor.|||Depends on what they replaced. If pistons are damaged from valves hitting them they will be marked.These are interference fit engines and valves,lifters,cam and bearing surfaces,and pistons all can be damaged by the timing belt breaking.I would prefer an engine that never had a belt break.|||YES ANYTHING YOU DO TO A VEHICALE WILL EXSTEND THE LIFE OF THE ENGINE AND I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS THE PISTON WAS SLAPPING AGAINST THE WALLS AND WE PUT OVER SIZE BEARINGS AND A BEARING SLEAVE AND IT DOESNT MAKE THE SAME SOUNDS IT DID BEFORE WE DID THE REPAIR AND NOW IT RUNS FINE AND IT COSTED ME 465.00 TO DO THE JOB AND THATS FAIR CAUSE NOW MY ENGINE WILL LAST ALOTE LONGER AND GIVE ME TIME TO SAVE MONEY TO GET A NEW ENGINE BUT EITHER WAY IF YOU LOVE THE CAR SO DARN MUCH ISNT IT WORTH SAVEING AND REPAIRING AS THATS HOW MUCH I LOVED MINE AND STILL DO AND I WILL KEEP IT TILL I DIE AND MINES A 89 DODGE RAM 50 SPORT 2 WHEELE DRIVE TRUCK AND HAVE A GREAT DAY......

No comments:

Post a Comment