Friday, December 2, 2011

Can someone find me the instructions on how to install a Serpentine belt for my 2005 Toyota Corolla S?

My belt is making a lot of noise and I can't find how to install this to save my life. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.|||Ok. First off you have got to get a long ratchet or breaker bar. You will need a short 3/4 or 19MM socket. Take a look at how the belt serpentines in there and take a picture or draw a picture so you can put the new one back in exactly like the old. Find the tensioner. There is an aluminum tab that is in the shape of a 3/4 or 19mm nut. You will put your socket on that and pull slowly toward the front of the vehicle and hold with one hand as the other takes off the belt. careful to not pinch your fingers. Then put new belt on and release tensioner. Make sure belt grooves are on all the pulleys correctly. I hope this helps|||I suggest listening to Joshua. with the one addition of putting the belt over the water pump last. It will make it much easier for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment