Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How to tighten serpentine, fan, alternator belt on Ford Focus 1999 2.0 petrol?

Hi everyone, I have bought a Ford Focus and everything is great apart from one thing. The fan belt needs tightening and I cannot work out how to do it for the life of me. Could someone please give me a detailed explanation of how to tighten the belt please as it is making quite an annoing squeeking noise. Please tell me someone. Thank you.|||Yes the above answer is correct. Also belts do stretch. So you may need a new belt. The other side of the coin is that tensioners do not last forever. This may be the squeak you hear. Worst case could be the tensioner %26amp; belt are expired. Check them out.|||You cant it has a self adjuster(tensioner) its a spring mounted pulley on the front side of the engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment