Friday, December 2, 2011

Atheist: How would your quality of life be if you were in the bible belt south?

...and you had to deal with ungenuine 2-faced southern women (a good number!!!) who also go to church? Would this irk you? Would you say, "Hell, I am moving?"|||I am not an Atheist I was born and raised Catholic; however I do live in the south and they are no different than radical extremist Muslims, ie fundamentalists. I would rather be in Iraq when at least I know they are trying to kill me. The women and men of the south are righteous to an arrogant point. Do I sound like I have had experience!!!!!!!!!!


There is no playing we agree to disagree they will smile to your face and stab you in the back.


I actually had someone tell me that they would convert me to Christianity, duh Catholics are.


There are some really good people here but the women think they want a southern gentlemen which is a farce, they can be brutally chauvinistic.


Watch out for IED's or do I mean IUD's hell its all the same you'll get killed either way.


I have one more year left and I am gone.|||Yeah, I'd have to get outa there. Mrs. Bubba and I just wouldn't get along.|||I'll just say you couldn't pay me to move there. *shudder*





I hear there are cool cities there...but I've visited and haven't been impressed.





When a waitress in a large city far down south has to call over other waitresses to say that I must be "a yankee...she is one of those vegetarian people!" then I know I would not be very happy.|||Why would I leave my beautiful suburban home to live in your grotty trailer parks? Seriously how do you people believe in a god when your stuck living in those disgusting run-down sh*t holes.





Actually Atheists are smart, we were the ones that don't drink the Kool-Aid and believe everything we hear. More Atheists have won Nobel prizes than any fundie can achieve with their left nut alone (yet their full effort). At least we are not stuck in the past.|||A smart Athiest would not live in the south.|||no i'd be laffing ever day|||I am not an atheist. I am wiccan...but, I wouldn't give these bible thumping women or men- and you did leave out men- the time of day. I would be there for whatever reason the goddess put me there. I would stand my ground and not be forced out until and if I chose to leave. I'd rather stay and be an irritant!|||I am an atheist and I live there. Are you talking about my wife or one of my daughters?|||All southern-women are not 2 faced. A lot of us, speaking for myself, are pretty genuine and non-hypocritical. I am tolerant of all people, whatever their preferences.|||I'd just say I was Christian YEEHAW!





I'd sadly rather be accepted by rednecks than be shunned by them.|||I'd be okay. I'm pretty humble about my agnosticism (or atheism, if you'd really like). Here is probably the only time I bring it up. I wouldn't bring it up unless someone specifically asked. I know Christians will paste Jesus fish, and many of the rest of us will post Darwin fish, but I sort of stay true to the principle of keeping it to myself, lol. I am, in fact, about to date a very Christian girl but we sort of agreed to respect each other's views. (I will let you know if we work out).





:)|||Why would you not take pride in the fact that you are better than them and cut them out of your life? Don't keep people who are two faced in your life.|||No, it would be no different then it is now, I'd still be an ex-JW, I'd still be gay, and I'd still be planning to move to California to be with my partner!|||more sex I think|||Whats this about a "Bible belt"?





If'n you catch my drift....





Isa 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven [is] my throne, and the earth [is] my footstool: where [is] the house that ye build unto me? and where [is] the place of my rest?

No comments:

Post a Comment