Friday, December 2, 2011

How can I loosen my seat belt?

I just recently bought a new car. It's a '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse and it's manually operated. (Stick-shift) I have pretty short legs, so even though it's a small car, I have to pull the seat up pretty far in order to push the clutch in all the way. The problem I'm having is that my seat belt seems to lock up well before it's around me and I have to force it into the lock. When I let it go, there's no slack whatsoever and it's practically digging into my neck.





I refuse to drive without the seatbelt, since I know it's against the law and I know it would save my life if I was in an accident.





I've searched online for "seat belt extenders" and can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. Has anyone else had a problem like this? What do I do? Thanks in advance for any advice.|||There are a couple of things that come to mind.





First, are you sure the slider on the buckle is far enough down to allow the belt to extend all the way?





Second, are there multiple mounting points where the belt attaches to the door? If there are, maybe you should attach it to a lower point.





Third, can you pull the belt all the way out of the spool mechanism without it binding or kinking?





It seems to me that the belt should be able to be used no matter how far forward you sit (or back, for that matter). Most seat belts are designed to be used by most people between 4'10" and 6'5" with weights between 80 and three hundred pounds without a problem! Good luck!|||I lost 35lbs, don"t laugh, it worked|||Get a "block" for your clutch that makes it extend out.|||they re recratable on the brake .................... whATI S THE problem should release








m c|||Might I suggest reducing your girth?|||Any Mitsubishi dealer should be able to order a seatbelt extender for you. You can go to an auto parts store and get a plastic clip which keeps the seatbelt from retracting, possibly giving you some room.

No comments:

Post a Comment