Friday, December 2, 2011

Who else on here lives in the Bible Belt and hates it?

I live in Georgia. -_-' That's a big part of why I've been coming on here so often recently. I am so unused to talking to other atheists and it feels so good to hear that other people think the way I do.|||I do and we have the ten freaking commandments on all our courthouse lawns. It sucks big time. They even still make you swear on the bible here, and I almost didn't get to graduate for refusing to go to baccalaureate (a religious ceremony thing) but I actually lucked out because we had a tornado warning and they cancelled it. We're also home to Jim Inhofe and Sally Kern.|||i'm from new york but live in north carolina, and to show how the area is, the town next to me is Faith.


i love my friends, some of them are religious, some are not, none how ever try to change my view on religion, we have our conversations about our beliefs every once in a while, but we respect each others opinions.


there are however a lot of people that look at me as a troublemaker and a bad seed just because "i have not accepted Christ as my lord and savior" well i happen to pitty them because they are nieve enough to believe that i am bad because of my religious beliefs. they have religious beliefs that scare them into doing right, i have moral beliefs that i try to follow because it is a good thing to do, not because i fear a higher power.|||I am not far north of you. But though when I tell some people what my beliefs are and get this really weird feeling like they think I am evil or worship Satan, I look on it as an opportunity to open peoples eyes and give them something to think about. I will have to admit that at night when I am driving home, I sometimes wonder if someone is following me. I have gotten enough negative comments that it honestly does make me cautious of some people. That never happened when I lived north of the Ohio River. I got comments but never this eerie feeling.|||I grew up in the south and went to graduate school at UGA (and I loved every minute of it), but there is a reason the rest of the nation and the world assumes we're stupid.





One summer working in south Georgia (Dublin to be exact), I came across a person that still signs his name by making an "X". I was dumbfounded that in this nation there could still be an adult unable to write his own name - and then I found out that there were plenty more just like him.





====





Yahoo, srsly. ---





I do miss the smell of boiled peanuts.|||I moved to Ga 3 years ago - I don't like it much, but not because of religion.


I became an atheist while here, so you have me - lol


I know I offend my real estate agent a lot whenever I say in frustration 'Jesus Christ', but I can't help it.|||ooh, pecan and magnolia country! lucky you!


some people believe that we chose our parents, how we are born, and what part of the world we end up in when we arrive on Earth. After you become a certified wanderer, you may chose whatever path is open to you....and even some paths that are not.|||Hate to tell you this, but the bible belt is everywhere. Even in the Liberal, unionized Midwest. Any place that has a stagnant population and little influx of new ideas gets that way, it seems.|||I'm in KS. I guess it's sort of in the Bible Belt. I'm moderate to liberal on just about everything, and it seems just about all the people I know are ultra conservative. It blows.|||.








The "Fundamentalists" in the Bible Belt can be frustrating for many Christians too.





You wonder if we are reading the same Bible.





Their "God and Guns" idea is such an odd combination!








.|||Texas is part of Bible belt right?





The left end of it; I live in Dallas and I experience no shortage of atheists that want to debate me about my beliefs.|||I've never been to the south, so I won't know the experience. But I bet there are many nice, relaxing places. I'm a city cat, but I appreciate peaceful scenery sometimes.|||why do u hate it? do they really affect ur daily life? or are u just wanting to beat up on them?





EDIT: it seems that atheists are the majority in the religion and spirituality section...|||I agree. I know so few skeptics in Mississippi.





It isn't that I hate the Christians here. I just find it refreshing to talk to people who share similar ideas with me.|||Want to hear them scream their ignorant heads off? Start and anti-bible org. That will give you some fun.|||South Carolina. %26gt;_%26lt; ewww|||I love Georgia and Alabama. I'm stuck in NC right now. ;/|||Look on the bright side....I hear it's better than living in the Bible pocket.|||i am happy i never have, im so sorry you do and i hope you can get out of there soon. stay strong|||no its beautiful.....want to go to keywest though...|||It's a free country at this time.


Move somewhere else.


You might be there for a reason.|||bible told it true . said it would spread like a wild fire and destroy everything in its path . I do live in the belt . and as much as i despise christianic teachings of a false Roman God . i take heart to those that fall for the lies .

No comments:

Post a Comment