Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Have you ever taken a 'risk' with a life decision?

I recently decided to quit my job, because I didn't like being blackmailed into oppressing my colleagues. I'll survive financially, although a bit of belt tightening might be necessary once I return from my holidays! However morally I feel as if a burden has been lifted from shoulders and I feel free in a way I haven't for years. This led me to think has anyone else ever taken a risk in a life changing decision and ultimately benefited from it?|||I did something similar to yourself. I was told to report daily on a particular colleague giving details of any mistakes made %26amp; any time wasted.





I refused to do this %26amp; was told that if I didn't do what was asked of me, then someone else would be appointed to report on my work.





I handed in my notice, told them that I wouldn't lower myself to their level %26amp; have felt much better for doing it. It was a big risk as I was a single parent of 2 %26amp; buying a home at the time.





I was employed immediately after I left.|||I have taken the decision to cut myself off from my family, because I would not play an 'uncle Tom' to their homophobic, racist, sexist treatment of me or my lifestyle...but not important when you obviously have shown so much integrity and scruples. It may be hard for you initially but good things will come to you for showing such decency.|||Nope never. I play safe all the time, which translates into my life being extremely boring. I wish I would take more risks in life, but I am too security minded. I feel really anxious out side my box. =/





Its great that you feel like you made the right decision. Congrats!|||I have. I had a well paying job and a gf who loved me and I was living in NY (born%26amp;raised) but I wasn't happy so I left it all to travel. At times, of course you question your decision in retrospect but then you quickly realize it was for the best. My philosophy- life is short, you don't know when you're going to go. Live for the moment here and now, do what makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment